Introducing the Keyno Y-8: a unique mechanical keyboard with a beautiful, restrained, and minimal aesthetic. Built from high-quality 6063 Aluminum, this keyboard is an absolute unit. And with its versatile mounting method and supported layouts, you can make this keyboard truly yours.
What makes the Keyno Y-8 Special?
The design of Y·8 is restrained and minimal. There is no pattern, no text, no lights, only geometric elements, such as bars, squares, triangles, and trapezoids.
In order to achieve the unity of the overall design language, clean bar-shaped elements have been incorporated in many areas of the keyboard. These unique components ensure the Y-8 maintains a refreshing design. The proportions have been carefully fine tuned to ensure visual balance. An elegant accent has also been incorporated under the function keys. The position of the top and bottom case is equally divided in the middle, and the linear exposed design of the middle case improves the layering of the side and back of the keyboard. The back uses triangles and trapezoids as the main elements, to continue the cohesive design.
Hassle-free Sinking Screw Design:
Screwless designs provide for a cleaner overall design, but are often accompanied with screw, plate, or switch interference. The Y-8 incorporates lower screw sinking to avoid these situations. The new adjusted ratio also minimizes the risk of the screw falling directly into the case.
Internal "Waffle" Brass Weight:
Due to the natural structure of a 80% layout, hollow acoustics often occur due to the cavity that exists between the arrow keys and function keys. In response to this pain point, several solutions were tested. The final design is inspired by concert hall echo walls which are meant to absorb sound waves and reduce echoes. This manifests in the keyboard as a modified flat brass weight with a waffle cut design. This novel solution minimizes any hollowness caused by the cavity.
1mm PCB, thick black core (no flex cut):
Enjoy an incredibly flexible, and consistent typing experience with the 1mm non-flex cut design PCB.
- Typing angle: 8 degrees
- Dimension: 361.70x137.66X18 mm
- Front Height: 18 mm
- Weight (unbuilt): 2.3 kg,
- Case material: 6063 Aluminum
- Mounting Method: Gasket Mount
- Supported Layout: WK/WKL
What's in the box?
- Top and Bottom Case
- Accent Badge
- Middle Case
- Internal Brass Weight
- External Brass Weight
- Ai03 Unified Daughter-board
- FR4 Plate
- FR4 Half Plate
- Silicone Gasket
- Storage Bag
- 0.6mm Stab Shims
- Teflon Adhesive Strips
- Silicone Keyboard Feet
- Switch Foam
- Poron Plate Foam
- Poron Case Foam
- Group-buy start date: January 19th, 2023
- Group-buy end date: February 6th, 2023
- Estimated shipping date: Q2 2023
- This is a group-buy. A group-buy is essentially a group of people combining their money together to make a bulk order with a manufacturer.
- The final product may vary slightly in color from the images viewed on this page.
- With any group-buy, there can be unforeseen delays and set-backs. The estimated shipment date is only an estimate.
- There are no refunds, or cancellations on these orders.
- By purchasing this item, you agree that you understand everything above.